Monday 28 April 2008

France

right then, ditto, the apologies from dhara apply to me more so, its been a LONG while since ive had any blog action time. Theres no excuse for my behaviour an i plan to change it! i have some targets, write more blogs and spend more time calling and emailing friends and family!

i went to South of France for a week with friends a few weeks ago. i had a wonderful time, lots of histerical giggling, adventurous rammbles, and translation hell for some people. (sorry..im learning...) but the best bit was the food and booze. We've been a few times now, an we visit family and friends of one of our friends. We avoid the touristy parts and because of this i feel i have a really 'authentic' taste of french life. Tomatoes an herbs that taste like nothing ive ever tasted, nut wine made from nuts fallen from a tree in real provincial garden, olive oil made by hand. Just simply delicious!

It was also really nice because i got to meet and spend lots of time with a good friends' family and mates. As most people who read our blogs know if you know one Vyas sister then your likely to know all of them and i love that! Not only because of the massive social network but also because I have learnt so many things from the wide circle of people across all ages, races, occupations etc who i might not ordinarily have met. It becomes ever apparent to me how lucky I am to have the relationships I have and have had with people throughout my life and it was so lovely to be on the other end of that in France. I was introduced to so many different people and it was bloody brilliant!

love roopa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amazing! I need to be invited to Virg's family home in France?! Pretty please?!!!!