Sunday 25 January 2009

Atheist Bus Campaign

Entering the fray by way of starting a religious discussion can be hazardous, especially for those who may not have a strong faith in one of the worlds more established religions. I really like the Atheist Bus Campaign, the money raised and the exposure suggests quite a few other people also like this idea.

I love that fact that they decided to err on the side of caution and stick with "There's probably no God. Now stop worrying and enjoy your life" although I think prefer the American one, "Why believe in a god? Just be good for goodness' sake" and it is not because I live in America now or maybe it is because I do?

I also wonder why Australia is the only place without, is it a sign? But from whom and why?

I think atheists should try and avoid becoming dogmatic, trenched and inflexible. Tolerance is probably always the safe option. Which is another reason why I like this campaign, it gets its point across without being offensive, hateful or dogmatic it is I believe lighthearted and positive.

No comments: