Sunday 11 January 2009

Give us a break nestle!

As all of our blog readers know, Roopa and I both live in Lewisham, South East London. Before christmas, Roops told me about a kitkat billboard at Lewisham that was complete sexist twaddle, advertising a chocolate bar to women - based on the fact it has fewer calories!! She also told me that some GENIUS had graffitied the billboard with 'sexist nonsense - give us a break' - brilliant!!

Many fellow bloggers have posted about this - see here, here and here for a few - but I still hadn't seen it....until a few weeks later, when I was in the car and we drove past this one in Ladywell:

Riot not Diet!

I am SO impressed with whoever is responsible for improving these ad's with so much humour! well done! and which complete twerp at nestel thought these ad's were a good idea anyway???

unite and boycott! and hip hip hooray for the person/people who have taken nestle to task in Lewisham - I hope people all over the country are doing the same!

3 comments:

Jigna said...

This is hilarious! I saw the advert sans humorous graffiti and I thought exactly the same, I know as many men who want to loose weight as women, so there nestle.

roopa said...

here here! thank you fellow south east london bloggers, we all agree! every time i walked past the lewisham one the graffiti makes me giggle. Apparently i heard somewhere that Nestle have a deal and this kind of advertising is going to be more frequent for their products..!?

On a positive note, i must thank Nestle as it PERFECT material for 'A' level Language at school: superb Linguistic Gender and Power resources!

Walraj S. Gosal said...

Someone should make a t-shirt..... Riot not Diet! Love it.