Friday 19 March 2010

Why I love hotel bars.......

  • quiet - so you can have a conversation
  • nice drinks
  • seats
  • nice service
All the above was true in my 20's and is true now. I am aware that the above may make me seem older than my years. However when I am out for a drink with friends, the above over-rides any desire to be young, hip and trendy in a crowded, noisy bar with crappy drinks. Of course nowadays with trendy bars in hotels not all hotel bars fit the above category. But when I am looking for a quiet place for a nice drink and a natter with friends, the hotel bar in the Radisson in Leeds was always our default. The other night we ended up at the Library Bar at the Melrose Warwick hotel in Dallas. We ended up discussing the joys of hotel bars. I thought, well this is something I need to share. Jigna

3 comments:

roopa said...

hahaa i love this blog, so true and might have something to do with dad taking us to the holiday inn when we were young, cozy warm fire in middle- so exciting when young- and family friendly where mum could have a wine and we could hang around. i love a good hotel bar.

Jigna said...

So funny, I forgot about that you are so right!

Dhara said...

its not that I disagree with the points you make really, but sometimes hotel bars can be bland and boring can't they? I'm just thinking of some of the blah so-so bars you get in hotels sometimes which are not exactly warm cosy and inviting. I

But then I guess it depends on the hotel and who you are with!!