Saturday 27 March 2010

Books 2010 - another Tom Holt novel....

Tom Holt – You don’t have to be evil to work here but it helps

This is a book about JG Wells and co – I have written before about Tom Holt novels about this particular firm here and here. But this is not a story about Paul Carpenter – in this novel Tom Holt introduces pretty much a whole new cast of central characters – notably Connie and Cassie at JG Wells, and Collin Hollingshead, the young non magical man. These novels always seem to centre on a fairly vapid, drippy young man getting entangled in a magical, evil, sarcastic and mean world, and coming up trumps in a weird twisted way. There – I’ve just given the plot away.

3 comments:

Jigna said...

I am intrigued by this author and I think I have said this before but he is on my list, you know how I love those vapid men who triumph.

Dhara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dhara said...

if you were to try a Tom Holt novel then I would suggest The Portable Door its the best one to start with...