Friday 1 February 2008

Art Class

Some of you may or may not know that I have started an 8 week drawing and painting class, and the second lesson was yesterday, self portraits, last week we did gesture drawings using a model (she was fully clothed!) it was fun. As some of you know I am not so great with people/faces but the teacher is fun and the girls in the class are all friendly, all at different levels and with varying degrees of talent. I am so glad (so far) that I decided to take this class up, I am really enjoying doing some art again, the teacher is an artist who does a lot of portraits and so I think we will be doing a lot of portraits and so that should keep me challenged, will keep you posted on further developments. Jigna

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

that sounds ace - am jealous! phew, what with that, zumba and cooking classes when do you just mong out man???? all sounds cool though.

painting: stef suggested that we get a big canvas and create something together for our living room wall (i know, shocking it was webb's suggestion to do some 'art and craft') - will keep you posted on how it goes! x

Jigna said...

Thats why when I speak to you all on the weekend I am always in my PJ's!The art idea sounds a lot of fun......you will have to send photos of the art in action or better still skype the art in action?! Jigna

Anonymous said...

Wow! Am jealous too Jigs. Shaz was talking about doing an art class and I said I'd tag along but hasn't quite happened! Yet ! Only thing is am I artistically hopeless - do you think this matters ?!

Andrew

Jigna Vyas Gosal, Dhara Vyas & Roopa Vyas said...

you might be interested in this? - http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/art/2008/02/the_new_embraceable_britain.html
big art in britain! woohoo. have to admit, i like a bit of big art, me.

Dhara