Monday 4 February 2008

Two car family

We in Dallas are now joining in the American way of life and are now a two car family. Nearly a year into our adventure in Dallas, we realized that living in Dallas and relying upon public transportation was useless and that all resistance is futile. Wooley decided on an old cheap-ish Volvo estate station wagon from Flower Mound, Texas, previous owner Southern Baptist Church employee, the car is "cheap and good", fingers crossed, and no souls or religious conversions were a requirement of sale, although in hindsight maybe we should have raised these as negotiating points? Wish us luck with the new member of our family.

Another American tradition we experienced on the weekend was the Superbowl, the game (American Football, the Patriots from New England versus the New York Giants, for those not in the know or in the don't care) did get exciting, much to my disbelief. We also had the not so traditional but very yummy dumplings by Scott and pakoras by Wooley, mmmmmmm.

I also read about the wonders of Motherhood, please refer to the Family Section of the Guardian last Saturday, February 2, 2008, "Living with teenagers" Dhara was right it was a lovely article brought tears to my eyes and I so want to read the book, having read all the columns but still! I also referred Wooley to the article. I do miss the Family Section although its great that you can get it on line, its just not the same as the actual paper on a Saturday morning. Although I have no kids, the human interest stories and the global aspect of the Family Section is always interesting and funny. (By the way Saturday February 2 was also Groundhog day in case anyone is interested, "Phil says six more weeks of winter!") I really do feel like I am surrounded by signs pointing the way to Motherhood, old friends subtle and not so subtle suggestions via email, FB and other comments, friends having babies etc. For now please note that Wooley and I will not be adding any further new additions to our family in Dallas in the foreseeable future! Please don’t ask why I feel the need to bog this point I just feel that the world (Okay so it may be paranoia, but then my name is Jigna.) is hinting and I need to share with the world go ahead and hint away my friend it ain’t happening, at least not now :) Jigna

8 comments:

iDee said...

The signs being every other couple is pregnant! I'm with you on the no children thing. Good luck with the family car :) Deepa x

Jigna Vyas Gosal, Dhara Vyas & Roopa Vyas said...

dude how can you talk about eddie jack and becca without linking to it????? (http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/family/story/0,,2250771,00.html )am defo buying the book. read the artcile again - I love it. love the family section, its the most interesting of all the weekend papers! - although all this motherhood talk is whack for now man, we all still young enough to not spend too much time fretting about it jigs! - drink anyone?!!

Anonymous said...

I know I couldnt find the link, I found it on Saturday but couldnt find it when I was doing the blog, gonna have my OJ now.....its early! Jigna

Anonymous said...

Also I knew I could rely on you to find the link, dont ask me why I couldnt find it?! By the way I am now having herbal tea, I am keeping you updated with my beverage intake! I am also gonna try and get some pictures of the Volvo up at some point! Jigna

Stef_W said...

Its not paranoia Jigna, you are right, they are coming to get you. Stoofy

Anonymous said...

Who is gonna get me Stoofy? The Southern Baptist's, American Footabll fans, Volvo drivers, Phil the Groundhog or the babies or the world in general? I am thinking it may be the world, thats how deep seated the paranio can get, maybe I should see some one about this?! Jigna

roopa said...

well, brilliant. same brought tears to my eyes, lovely article and looking forward to reading the book fo sho! as for embarking on motherhood, i agree with our friends, drink anyone? forget it. we watched the superbowl on tele and i was telling anish u guys were going. so american man. i fell asleep. hope the cars are working out well, i aint jealous, my clio WILL live, and dont get me started on anish's tomcrap...oh sorry typo, i meant tomCAT. over and out.

Anonymous said...

Keep the faith in the Clio, it will be like the Kiddha mobile and last and last and last and grow mould ......Clio forever!