Sunday 24 February 2008

royal mail and the US postal service

when we were younger and would visit mama and that lot over in the US of A we always thought that the post service there was magical - you just stick your mail in a box thing at the end of the drive way (and seriously the mail box looked just like the ones on bugs bunny, or roadrunner and cayote cartoons - mental and so uber americana) put the little flaggy up and it gets taken away - no messing about with those pillar box red post boxes you have to actually walk to in England. pah - no sirree they come and take your letters from you! On the other hand, they deliver to you into your mail box, whereas in England it lands on your door mat, so you dont have to check any darned box at the end of the drive it come to your door......so pro's and con's to both...

why a post on post i hear you ask??!!

well - last year jigs birthday present took a few months to get to her - we blamed the US postal service, because you could track it all the way to the Dallas sorting office.......but lo and behold, last Christmas, jigs (and das) sent us a jiffy envelope full of fun little gifts and sweets......which arrived this weekend! mental or what?? postmarked October. October people - thats right. you'd think we lived in the modern world, with all this hi-tech internet web based communications etc, but really, no wonder someone had to invent the internet, the bloody postal systems suck, either here or there we can't rely on them... (SIGH)

rant over.

on a brighter note - thanks for the gifts!! love them all! esp. the harry potter post its and the pens, don't know why you sent me a sklytherin pen, what you trying to say?!!?? and the kids book on george bush you got for stef is hilarious....

9 comments:

Jigna said...

I cant beleive it thats fucking hilarious.......Dunno sorry about the Slytherin, I just split the stuff up between you guys, was in a bit of a hurry to get it in the post so that it would get to you in time for Christmas, the irony?! Anyways soooo glad you got it in the end, sours still fresh? By the way went to this fancy restuarant for martinis last night, OMG you guys would love it, expensive but soooo good, like an alcholic sour sweet, in a good way!

roopa said...

HAHAAA! so funny, reading this made me also remember the rolls of stamps they get in america! ive enjoyed my hp pens and post its and all my sweets, that i had to share with u dhara while u were waiting for ur package-so u owe me some of ur packets!?
ps- martinis sounds fresh!

Jigna said...

So my whole conspiracy theory on the US postal service not wanting such humorous books concerning Dubya getting out turns out to be incorrect :)

Jigna said...

Its like papad lot, the sours you have to share girls! Big sister X

iDee said...

I remember when someone didn't share their papad no lot...

Jigna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jigna said...

I deny everything, I have never eaten too much papdi nu lut and had stomach ache, okay well maybe the one time.....

Anonymous said...

ey. i never got a look in on that papdee noh lot either, you keechyo heffer. me and deeps were so upset when we came home that day.

Anonymous said...

The other day, Puppa said Mum made some Khumon and so when I went to Indian store, bough some and sev and boffed it, not as good, but okay, I mena imagine if we had gone to somewhere like Japan, I just so couldn't have coped, maybe for a few months but you so need just the little things otherwise you would go insane! I cant even think about papdi nu lot, I so want some now! It was probably a good think I boffed that much that time stocked up, you know cos I knew back then that right now I would be craving it?!