Monday 18 February 2008

there are elections in Londinium too

the other day I was at the tube station, minding my own business on my way home, when someone wearing a t-shirt with a silhouette in blue of a foppish haired parliamentarian who is standing for the Tory's in this years London Mayoral elections - the t shirt was done in the style of the ipod ad's and was worn by an equally foppish looking teenager/young man person (no doubt some keen young party activist)

he shoved an oyster card holder in my face (again with this darned silhouette thing) and said "vote for Boris - here have an oyster card holder". to which I said " no i wont vote for Boris he's a racist moron" and i definitely don't want an oyster card holder.

I am not interested in his "eccentric" persona and his wikipedia entry describes him as a "self deprecating, straw-haired eccentric, disorganised and scatty” - which i don't care about quite frankly. The wikipedia entry also lists his numerous gaffes: there have been far too many of his "mistakes" for me to be comfortable with him at the helm of the GLA.

it wasn't right when Alan Clark behaved that way and it isn't right now.

nuff said

1 comment:

Jigna said...

Its amazing what people can try to get away with an alleged cute/eccentric look, he is just a fool, and with the olympics coming up, do you want a fool in charge of London no I think not. I agree Dhara, dont take that guys oyster card cover!