Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentines Day

Valentines Day.....is quite a big deal, commercially in the USA just like nearly every other event you can think of for that matter. Americans always have to do it bigger and better, even something simple like a bag of crisps/chips! I am planning to go to my art class tonight, Valentines Day, last night we were supposed to be going to dinner, I wimped out, I was knackered. We plan to move apartments this weekend and we have accumulated a whole lot of stuff in the short period we have been in Dallas, material hoarders that we are! My husband was very nice and bought me some lilies and he bought me some nice gerber daisies the other day, hum me thinks he is up to something? And some chocolates, they may be more for him though? So sums up our first Valentines Day in Dallas. Jigna

7 comments:

Jigna said...

http://www.utexas.edu/features/2008/marriage/

On the theme of love and possibly marriage interesting article above. And by the way I was on the UT Austin website when I came across this article, because a friend forwarded me the article on Obama/Clinton debate, invitation only boo :( This is not the first time I have thought why did we not move to Austin, TX?!

http://www.utexas.edu/news/2008/02/13/debate/

Jigna

Anonymous said...

It always amazes me what effect flowers has on you Jigna!!

Yes, I agree, I wish we lived in Austin instead, but then again it is only a couple of hours away, which in Amercian terms is just around the corner.

Jigna Vyas Gosal, Dhara Vyas & Roopa Vyas said...

Dhara says.........

Das, its gerber's in particular that she likes, and its a good thing you always know and buy the right ones!!! good husband you!! (although i can never see them and not think of your bro rugger saying 'jurbras' during your wedding...!!!

on the UT Austin article - i like this quote the best.......: "Responses revealed that marital strain is a key source of stress, which can affect one’s immune system and accelerate the typical decline in health that occurs over time, especially as couples age. In other words, a wedding ring doesn’t guarantee good health" ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. all you marries are just as susceptible to cold and flu as the rest of us mere mortals....

Anonymous said...

dhara says....

and another thing: funnily enought just saw this article today:

http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/relationships/story/0,,2259673,00.html

I agree that its no longer a political statement to be, but actually is more about declaring your love for one another, which is nice. whilst i am not anti-marriage I do really agree with julie bindel -
"It seems ridiculous to me that it is still seen as more valid and special when a couple are married - or in the case of gay and lesbians, that they've signed a civil partnership - than when a couple choose not to,"

Anonymous said...

The scariest thing in the world is to open your heart to let love in. When you do find that someone special it is a celebration, whether you have a wedding or not is another matter. Jigna

Anonymous said...

aaah jigs.

puke.

ha aha ha aha ha aha ha ha

Dhara

Jigna said...

Romance aint dead sister :)